The traditional banana bread in Quebec which we had fruit like dried cranberries and a touch of almond powder. The cranberry is a popular type of berry, high in nutrients and antioxidants
Preparation. 20 minutes – cooking 50 minutes – quantity : 1 bread (6 to 8 slices)
- 80 ml (1/3 of a cup) melted butter
- 125 ml (1/2 a cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 of a cup) buttermilk
- 3 squashed and ripe bananas
- 2 big eggs
- 375 ml (1 cup and a ½ ) of flour
- 80 ml (1/3 of a cup) of weath flour
- 2,5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) of salt
- 10 ml (2 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1,25 ml (1/4 of a teaspoon) baking soda
- 80 ml (1/3 of a cup) dried cranberries
- 60 ml (1/4 of a cup) almond powder
Preheat the oven at 180°C (350 °F).
In a bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy preparation.
In another bowl, beat the buttermilk with the bananas, then add the eggs one by one.
In a third bowl, mix the dry ingredients with cranberries and almonds.
In a bowl with the butter and sugar, add the preparation with bananas.
Gradually stir in the dry ingredients.
Butter a loaf pan 20 cm x 10 cm (8 in. x 4 in.) and pour the batter.
Bake 50 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing from pan.