We just love a stack of think pancakes and caramelized apples with maple syrup!
Preparation : 45 minutes – quantity : 4 to 6 portions (16 pancakes)
Preparation for pancakes :
- 500 ml (2 cups) flour
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1,25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) brown sugar
- 2,5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 500 ml (2 cups) vanilla soya beverage
- 2 œufs
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) melted butter
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) canola oil
- 3 Cortland apples
- 30 ml (2 tablespoon) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients and form a hole in the center.
In another bowl, whisk the soya beverage with eggs and butter.
Pour the liquid into the middle. Gradually whisk until a smooth paste.
Preheat oven to 120 ° C (250 ° F).
In a pan, heat up oil over medium heat. Pour 60 ml (1/4 cup) of preparation per pancake.
Cook 1 minute or until small bubbles form on the surface.
Turn and cook 30 seconds.
Place pancakes on a baking sheet in the oven and set aside.
Repeat with the rest of the dough.
Peel and cut apples into cubes.
In another pan, melt butter over medium heat.
When the butter begins to bubble, add the apples and cook for 2 minutes, until lightly browned.
Pour the maple syrup and bring to a boil.
Leave caramelizedapples for one or 2 minute (s) to medium-low heat.
When serving, garnish the pancakes with maple caramelized apples.